Committed to promoting better health.
The Health Care Pavilion at Montgomery Place offers extraordinary levels of care in two intimate and nurturing neighborhoods, one designed for comprehensive Medicare-certified sub-acute rehabilitation and the other designed for licensed, long-term skilled care that serves individuals with moderate to late-stage cognitive impairments.
Ongoing medical oversight is provided through the expertise of Board-certified Geriatricians from the nearby University of Chicago Medical Center. Our Medical Director, Social Services Counselor, Activities Director, Registered Dietitian, Nurse Practitioner, Nurses' Support Staff, and Chaplain collaborate to create an individualized approach to care.
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Access to exceptional Board-certified Physicians and Geriatricians
- Person-centered care driven by high quality staffing ratios
- Respite Care
- Palliative Care/Pain Management
- Social Services and Therapeutic Recreation
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Customized dining menus created by a Registered Dietitian
- Personal Care Services
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Programs
At Montgomery Place, rehabilitation means helping individuals to return to the top of their game following surgery, illness or injury. Using an interdisciplinary approach, we assess and address the physical, emotional and social needs of the individual, opening the door to a better quality of life. Programs consistently exceed federal and state regulations, as well as the requirements of most third-party payers. The rehabilitation team includes Licensed Physical and Occupational Therapists and Speech-Language Pathologists, always under the direction of Board-certified Geriatricians and other specialists.
Comprehensive evaluations with inputs shared by all disciplines create an integrated treatment approach with an interdisciplinary focus. Therapy plans are developed to achieve individual goals, with family involvement playing a major role. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Post-Orthopedic Surgery
- Post-Stroke Program
- Specialized Skin, Complex Decubitus or Wound Care
- Hydrotherapy and Whirlpool Services
- Communication Treatment
- Laryngectomy Rehabilitation
- Home Evaluations
- Amputation Care Program
- Pain Management
- Cognitive/Perceptual Retraining
- Neuromuscular or Neurological Disorders
- Cardiopulmonary Dysfunction Treatment
- Post-Cerebrovascular Accident Rehabilitation
- Chronic Pain Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Pet Therapy