Senior Living News and Events
Enjoy interesting stories and information about the retirement lifestyle.
We update regularly, so please visit this page often for hand-selected stories and interesting news about seniors and senior lifestyles from right here at Montgomery Place, from around Hyde Park and Chicago, and from all over the world.
For additional news and features, download a PDF version of our current newsletter, Shoreline, the current resident newsletter, Montgomery Messenger, or contact us to begin receiving a subscription by mail.
Recent posts from The New York Times blog "The New Old Age"
- A number of conditions cause dementia-like symptoms, and doctors may have trouble diagnosing them. Still, the odds usually are low that an elderly family member can be made cognitively normal...read more
- In his new book, "Being Mortal," Dr. Atul Gawande acknowledges paying scant attention to end-of-life issues...read more
- Older patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease may benefit from taking two drugs, not just one, a new study finds...read more
- We're living longer than ever, but not always better...read more
- More family members debate whether to install video cameras in the rooms of nursing home patients...read more
- New legislation will bring greater federal oversight to hospice programs across the country...read more