Senior Living News and Events
Enjoy interesting stories and information about the retirement lifestyle.
We update regularly, so please visit this page often for hand-selected stories and interesting news about seniors and senior lifestyles from right here at Montgomery Place, from around Hyde Park and Chicago, and from all over the world.
For additional news and features, download a PDF version of our current newsletter, Shoreline, the current resident newsletter, Montgomery Messenger, or contact us to begin receiving a subscription by mail.
Recent posts from The New York Times blog "The New Old Age"
- A congresswomen has proposed Social Security credits for family caregivers who must cut back on work...read more
- A member of the “aging industrial complex” starts a campaign against ageism...read more
- Tens of millions of adults suffer with a form of incontinence, a new report finds...read more
- Finally, a film about aging that doesn't depress...read more
- Researchers are finding no silver bullet for prevention of Alzheimer's disease, only everyday changes we should all be making anyway...read more
- A nonprofit group is urging hospitals to eliminate restrictive visiting hours and permit families, broadly defined, to remain with loved ones throughout their stays, even in intensive care units...read more