Senior Living News and Events
Enjoy interesting stories and information about the retirement lifestyle.
We update regularly, so please visit this page often for hand-selected stories and interesting news about seniors and senior lifestyles from right here at Montgomery Place, from around Hyde Park and Chicago, and from all over the world.
For additional news and features, download a PDF version of our current newsletter, Shoreline, the current resident newsletter, Montgomery Messenger, or contact us to begin receiving a subscription by mail.
Recent posts from The New York Times blog "The New Old Age"
- The American Geriatrics Society says medical evidence is scant for five common treatments in the elderly...read more
- Jonatha Brooke talks about her mother's descent into Alzheimer's disease, the basis of her one-woman show, "My Mother Has 4 Noses."..read more
- For-profit hospices are more likely than nonprofits to serve patients in institutions and to exceed Medicare cost limits, a new study found...read more
- An Oscar-nominated short film examines a prison hospice staffed by inmates...read more
- Recent estimates suggest that demand for paid caregivers will far outstrip supply over the next decade...read more
- Many women receive Pap smears well after age 65, despite recommendations to reduce testing and evidence that they have little value...read more