Senior Living News and Events
Enjoy interesting stories and information about the retirement lifestyle.
We update regularly, so please visit this page often for hand-selected stories and interesting news about seniors and senior lifestyles from right here at Montgomery Place, from around Hyde Park and Chicago, and from all over the world.
For additional news and features, download a PDF version of our current newsletter, Shoreline, the current resident newsletter, Montgomery Messenger, or contact us to begin receiving a subscription by mail.
Recent posts from The New York Times blog "The New Old Age"
- More Medicare beneficiaries are not taking prescribed medications or forgoing basic needs to pay for them, a new study finds...read more
- A home health aide cannot sue a couple with dementia for an injury sustained while caring for them, the California Supreme Court has ruled...read more
- Substance abuse is not uncommon among seniors in nursing homes. A novel rehab program aims to address that...read more
- A federal law intended to reform nursing homes requires that a registered nurse be on-site only eight hours a day — whatever the size of the facility...read more
- Transition “coaches” help ease the transfer from hospital to home...read more
- The luggage in the living room? Odds are, it's not Grandma's as multigenerational households trend younger...read more