Senior Living News and Events
Enjoy interesting stories and information about the retirement lifestyle.
We update regularly, so please visit this page often for hand-selected stories and interesting news about seniors and senior lifestyles from right here at Montgomery Place, from around Hyde Park and Chicago, and from all over the world.
For additional news and features, download a PDF version of our current newsletter, Shoreline, the current resident newsletter, Montgomery Messenger, or contact us to begin receiving a subscription by mail.
Recent posts from The New York Times blog "The New Old Age"
- While American patients are urged to “battle” at the end of life, a new analysis showed doctors in Britain telling patients about the “journey.”..read more
- A broadcaster turns the camera on his parents...read more
- A study finds that older people on hypertensives have a higher risk of serious falls, and that patients are divided on whether their priority is reducing cardiovascular risk or fewer tumbles...read more
- Rattling sabers and manning the battle stations at the end of life. Why do we say that?..read more
- Tyrannosaurus parents once ruled the household, and still want to...read more
- Medicare officials release data on doctor payments, and an analysis by The Times uncovers a number of surprises...read more