Senior Living News and Events
Enjoy interesting stories and information about the retirement lifestyle.
We update regularly, so please visit this page often for hand-selected stories and interesting news about seniors and senior lifestyles from right here at Montgomery Place, from around Hyde Park and Chicago, and from all over the world.
For additional news and features, download a PDF version of our current newsletter, Shoreline, the current resident newsletter, Montgomery Messenger, or contact us to begin receiving a subscription by mail.
Recent posts from The New York Times blog "The New Old Age"
- I was unsympathetic when my mother complained of strange dizzy spells. Who’s sorry now?..read more
- Revealed: the semi-secret phone numbers that beneficiaries are supposed to use to complain to Medicare...read more
- What I'd thought was depression was really was something else...read more
- Medicare's rating system for nursing homes is seriously flawed, The Times reports...read more
- More Medicare beneficiaries are not taking prescribed medications or forgoing basic needs to pay for them, a new study finds...read more
- A home health aide cannot sue a couple with dementia for an injury sustained while caring for them, the California Supreme Court has ruled...read more