News & Events
We encourage you to visit this page often for the very latest news and events at Montgomery Place—and in and around the exciting and culturally rich neighborhood that surrounds us.
For additional news and features, download a PDF version of our current newsletter, Shoreline, the current resident newsletter, Montgomery Messenger, or contact us to begin receiving a subscription by mail.
Recent posts from The New York Times blog "The New Old Age"
- What families can do if the V.A. rejects a veteran's claim for caregiving benefits...read more
- Why are elderly veterans and their spouses still waiting months, sometimes more than a year, to qualify for caregiving benefits from the V.A.?..read more
- Vermont is the first state to permit physician-assisted suicide by legislation, rather than referendum or court order...read more
- Some specialized units for dementia care do manage to improve on traditional nursing home care, recent studies suggest...read more
- Honor thy mother and father. Take their stuff...read more
- For the elderly, not only can even supposedly minor procedures have complications, but the cancers grow so slowly that they’re unlikely to cause problems in the patients’ remaining years...read more