Senior Living News and Events
Enjoy interesting stories and information about the retirement lifestyle.
We update regularly, so please visit this page often for hand-selected stories and interesting news about seniors and senior lifestyles from right here at Montgomery Place, from around Hyde Park and Chicago, and from all over the world.
For additional news and features, download a PDF version of our current newsletter, Shoreline, the current resident newsletter, Montgomery Messenger, or contact us to begin receiving a subscription by mail.
Recent posts from The New York Times blog "The New Old Age"
- He wanted his body given to a medical school or research organization. It wasn't that simple...read more
- Warren Sanderson, a professor of social and behavioral sciences at Stony Brook University, is working on ways to define aging other than the passing of years. "Everything is changing about 65-year-olds," he said...read more
- Researchers have written for years about resilience in the elderly. Now they're trying to measure it...read more
- A small study found that many elderly patients turning up in one emergency room were malnourished...read more
- Why are patients with advanced dementia so often receiving "medications of questionable benefit"?..read more
- A documentary airing on PBS provides a cleareyed account of one family's struggle with Alzheimer's disease...read more