History, Mission and Values
We honor our history and continue the legacy of helping others.
Our location in Hyde Park, with close proximity to the University of Chicago and abundant local city resources, provides an urban retirement lifestyle that is stimulating, engaging and enriching. We continue the legacy of helping others and our enduring goal remains the same—to enhance the lives of the senior adults who honor us by joining the campus community or who benefit from using the services of our LifeCare@HOME program.
Our Mission Statement
Montgomery Place Mission Statement: The mission of Montgomery Place is to enhance the quality of life for a diverse and inclusive urban community of older adults, supporting each person’s physical, social, intellectual and spiritual needs, while reflecting our Episcopal values.
Montgomery Place Vision Statement: Montgomery Place seeks to be recognized as the Chicago metropolitan area’s preeminent provider of quality services to older adults and those who care for them, both within our residential community and in the broader community beyond our walls.
- Integrity: We operate openly and transparently at the highest levels of honesty, trustworthiness and fiscal responsibility.
- Dignity: We treat everyone with respect.
- Engagement: We collaborate to define and enhance the culture of our community.
- Caring: We comfort and support each other at all times.
- Quality: We perform at the highest levels of excellence.
Montgomery Place Board of Directors:
- Mr. Michael M. McGarry – President
- Dr. Constance Bonbrest – Vice President
- Mr. John Juroe – Treasurer
- Mrs. Helen M. Johnson – Secretary
- Mrs. Margo Brooks-Pugh
- Ms. Suzanne Dutcher
- Mrs. Deborah C. Franczek
- Mr. Gregory L. Gleason
- Mr. Doug Hoffman
- Dr. Cynthia Lindner
- Dr. Bryon Rosner
- Mr. John Segal
- Mr. Scott R. Williamson
- Rev. Lisa Hackney-James
For more information, call us at (773) 753-4582 or complete the request form.